post assessment feedback
- put other ideas to side for another time and future ongoing practice
- I have all the theory, back story and content but am feeling inhibited by it
- Just ‘play’ with the materials I have
- focus on pipes and install
- source loads of pipes – look into sponsorship
- construct and install materials
- not completely happy with white of pipes – look into spraying or diff supplier
Talked also of the dirt aspect of my work – will look again at the book below
Dirt: the filthy reality of everyday life – 17 December 2010 – press release
Wellcome Collection’s major new exhibition takes a closer look at something that surrounds us but we are often reluctant to confront. ‘Dirt: the filthy reality of everyday life’ travels across centuries and continents to explore our ambivalent relationship with dirt.
‘Dirt: the Filthy Reality of Everyday Life’: 24 March-31 August 2011
Venue: Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE
Bringing together around 200 artefacts spanning visual art, documentary photography, cultural ephemera, scientific artefacts, film and literature, the exhibition uncovers a rich history of disgust and delight in the dirty secrets of our past and points to the uncertain future of filth.